How is it already Sunday? This past week has been crazy, and I am just finally settling down and catching up blogging. There are times when I wish that all that I did was blog – and there are times when getting to write a post is at the bottom of my to do list. This makes me appreciate even more all of those folks who are doing this full time – it takes so much energy to stay engaged and inspired sometimes! But today – I am excited to share this yummy Pineapple Chili Zoodles recipe, inspired by SOulFresh reader Lorien Mahay.
Thanks to Lorien, I set out to create the perfect Pineapple Chili Sauce to smother fresh spiralized zucchini noodles. I personally love pineapple, so this challenge was one that I was willing to take on. The first thing I did was to stock up on pineapples. Did I ever share about the one time that one of our local stores had 99 cent pineapples? Let’s just say I might have purchased a cart full of pineapples – and I’m not even ashamed.
This Pineapple Chili Sauce has a sweet side with a spicy kick and makes it a versatile flavor that can be used as a dip, or as a sauce for your favorite zucchini noodles or even those good old fashioned spaghetti noodles.
- Pineapple Chili Sauce
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 cups diced pineapple
- 3 Tbs brown sugar
- 1 tsp ginger, grated
- 4 Tbs organic sugar
- 4 Tbs rice vinegar
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- zest and juice of one lime
- 2 pinch red pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded (optional)
- 2-3 medium zucchini
- In a medium skillet or wok, heat orange juice and add pineapple and brown sugar, stirring constantly as orange juice cooks off
- Add in all other ingredients and continue to stir as the juices evaporate
- Season to preference and continue to cook until desired consistency is achieved
- Add in 1 Tbs of water or orange juice as needed if sauce becomes too thick
- Suggested Serving - over Zoodles
- Cook zucchini spirals following one of three methods shared on SOulFresh