Decadent. Divine. Luxurious. Just a couple of words that come to mind when describing how perfect this Raspberry Chia Jam is. I have had this recipe pinned for quite some time, and I just needed the perfect rainy day and a good sale on raspberries to kick me into gear. I wish I hadn’t waited!
So yes, I have shared previously that I kind of tend to go a little overboard when I find things that I like, or when I find a great deal. I love raspberries – they are so damned delicious! So when I saw that Aldi’s had them on sale this past week, I immediately thought about how delish this jam was going to be, and stocked up on 8 packages. To be fair, I did make a wonderful dessert with a good portion of the jam that I made – so really it was like a double win. I’ll be sharing that recipe too – because once you make this jam and realize how amazing it is…you will want to put it on everything, including dessert.
I was so excited to make this recipe that I used every single raspberry I had, and completely missed the opportunity to take some prep pics. Ok, Ok, yes – you got me. I did have some raspberries left, but I actually did miss taking the pics because I ate every last one of them. In addition to the yummy raspberries, this recipe is super simple with just a couple of ingredients, including two of my all time favorites: maple syrup and chia. Yum!
As a bonus, this was the perfect recipe to break in my fancy new plate. I picked up this beauty at a local thrift shop for something like 75 cents. I think it is an adorable dish, but there are only so many occasions that call for this level of kitsch.
So on to the recipe! From one of my favorite vegan blogs – Angela at
Oh She Glows
shared this original recipe. Below, enjoy my slight adaptation – and continue to adapt to make it your own when you try it to!
- 4 cups fresh raspberries - rinsed
- 5 Tbs pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbs chia seeds
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbs agave
- In medium saucepan, combine raspberries, maple syrup, chia seeds and vanilla and place over medium heat.
- Bring mixture to a light boil for 3 minutes, and continue to mix well as raspberries begin to break down.
- After 3 minutes, reduce heat to low and mix in agave. Let simmer uncovered for 20 minutes, or until mixture has thickened to your desired consistency.
- Pour contents into cleaned and sanitized mason jars or other airtight storage, and place immediately in refrigerator until cool.