Sometimes you just need chocolate in your life. And when you need chocolate in your life, the last thing you want to do is spend a lot of time making that happen. Luckily these cookies are super simple, from recipe to oven to mouth in under 30 minutes total AND – you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry as we speak. Especially if you’re like me and you have bags of vegan chocolate chips stashed in varying cabinets, hidden from the view of teenagers!
I was really excited to test out two new products that I recently received to review. The BakeitFun Silicone Baking Mat and were perfect for a quick cookie fix! I wish I had grabbed pics of the cookies that I made on my good old cookie sheet, but I was so absorbed in how delicious this batch turned out that I completely failed. What it would show is what a huge difference the BakeitFun Silicone Baking Mat makes, with the cookies being much softer, thicker and puffy and chewy! I think my favorite part about the BakeitFun Silicone Baking Mat is that it can fit right on top of almost any cookie sheet you already own. There is no need to buy anything extra, and you can just clean it and reuse again and again. Super impressed overall!
Ok, so how cute are these ? First of all, they send you the cutest little silicone butterfly, that can be used to grab small warm pans, etc. It’s super convenient because it’s also a magnet, so it’s easy to find and to have handy. The are also silicone, and while you might be skeptical to believe it – these heart covered cuties will protect your digits up to 450 degrees! I will be honest, they took me a little getting used to because they aren’t your typical mitt. I think I prefer the mitt shape, as it just feels more natural to use – versus glove fit. One of my favorite aspects is that I can wash these very easily by washing them on my hands, with the dishes in the sink or by running them through the dishwasher. Overall, they get the job done – they are adorable and Red Dust Products customer service is top notch legit.
Good-Ness. Do you see the melty chocolatey goodness to be had here? I am not going to lie…I made a double batch of these suckers and here we are 3 days later, they are STILL chewy! Whhhaaaaa? I mean, yah – I actually remembered to cover them with some saran wrap – and so that definitely helps but unlike some other chocolate chip cookies that go hard in the wrong way just minutes after cooling, these big daddies are soft and chewy and still going strong as my snack of choice!
- 1 Tbs flax seed - ground into powder
- ¾ cup almond milk
- 2 cups organic sugar
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- ¾ cup cacao powder
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups of your favorite vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare baking sheets by lining with Bakeitfun Baking Mat, or another silicone baking mat or parchment paper
- Add ground flax seed and milk into a large bowl, whisk to combine and let stand for 5 minutes
- After 5 minutes, whisk the ground flax and milk once again - at this time it should be like a gel or paste consistency
- Add in all additional ingredients, with the exception of the chocolate chips
- Mix well - I suggest using a hand held or stand mixer as mix will be difficult to combine by hand
- Once combined, mix in chocolate chips
- Roll dough into balls about ½ inch round and place 2-3 inches apart from one another on the baking sheet
- Bake for 10 minutes
- Allow to cool and store at room temp, covered tightly