Football is back and even though it is still high 90’s here in Florida, Football = Fall. And Fall = comfort food heaven. While some will Pumpkin Spice the heck out of everything, (and yes, I will eventually break down and pumpkin it up) I look forward to baking stuffing, even when its not Thanksgiving, anything in the crockpot where it can spend all day, and corn muffins, Nothing says fall like Deliciously Crumbly Corn Muffins, especially with a touch of Earth Balance Buttery Spread.
I made these as part of our Sunday night dinner last night, but here I am at 7 am, enjoying my warm lemon and cinnamon water – thinking about how badly I want to make them again. Like today. So what is the next best thing to do? Blog about how amazing they are, while drooling over the pictures that show how amazing they are. Our oldest daughter Cadence took home all of our corn muffin leftovers, so this is just going to have to do the trick for now!
This recipe is the perfect combination of crumbly goodness, with a little hint of something sweet. I make this recipe in a greased muffin pan, but I am sure you could also make it in a bread pad, adjusting the cooking time. I haven’t tried that one yet, because they are just perfect the way they are in muffin form.
With delicious ingredients like Unsweetened Almond Milk, Fine Ground Corn Meal, Pure Maple Syrup, Apple Cider Vinegar and Applesauce – how could you go wrong?
Deliciously Crumbly Vegan Corn Muffins
Serves: 12 Muffins
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 TBS Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 TBS Baking Powder
- 1 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Fine Ground Corn Meal
- 1 Tsp. Sea Salt
- 3 TBS Pure Maple Syrup
- ⅓ Cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Preheat Oven to 375° F
- Prepare your muffin pan by either greasing it, or lining with paper liners
- First, in a small bowl - combine the Almond Milk and Apple Cider Vinegar. Give a quick stir and set aside.
- Next, in a large bowl - combine all dry ingredients: Baking Powder, Baking Soda, Corn Meal and Sea Salt. Quickly combine with a fork and set aside.
- Going back to your small bowl, stir in the remainder of the ingredients: Maple Syrup, Apple Sauce and Olive Oil.
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the large bowl of dry ingredients, gently combining as you add.
- Once all ingredients are in the large bowl, be sure to either mix using mixer, or stir by hand for 1-2 minutes to ensure consistency.
- Pour the mixture into your prepare muffin man, distributing evenly among the 12 openings.
- Bake at 375° F for 18-22 minutes, or until tops and edges appear golden brown.